Simple Ways to Get Rid of the Terrible Snakes on Your Property
Snakes on your property are not dangerous to your family and pets, but below are a few steps to get rid of an unpleasant neighborhood. It is therefore very important to get rid of snakes in your garden. If you don’t know where to start, use the tips below and the snakes will leave your property forever.
Cats are a serious threat to many types of snakes. If you have a reptile problem, get a pet.
Find the nest. To get rid of any type of reptile, you must find and destroy their nest. Inspect the area carefully to find it. Snakes prefer to place their nests in the most remote corners: wood and compost piles, various inconspicuous holes in the ground, etc.
Read more: The Most Dangerous Snakes in The World
No garbage cans. Want to get rid of snakes in your area quickly and efficiently? Then don’t litter the street. Did you know that such places are ideal for creating nests with terrible snakes?
- No garbage cans. Keep your area clean and remove debris, tree branches and piles of leaves in a timely manner. Make changes to the landscape to alter environmental conditions.
- Cut the grass. Do not allow grass to grow. It’s no secret that snakes love tall grass – it’s home to mice, rats, squirrels, crickets and grasshoppers – their main food. To get rid of these terrible reptiles – mow the lawn once a week! Make sure the snakes linger briefly with you.
- Remove compost piles. What for? They are ideal as a shelter for your reptile property. This is the main reason why the piles should be removed from your property.
- Build a fence. A fence that is at least one metre high and made of small nets is a good way to prevent snakes from entering your area.
- Use naphthalene. Almost all types of snakes hate the smell of naphthalene – so why not use it for your own purposes? Don’t scatter them randomly around the property. Just bury them in several places. Remember that naphthalene is a toxic substance, so use it carefully.
- No cool places. Bags, bricks, piles of branches and grassy patches – keep it all as far away from home as possible and the snake problem will never affect you.
These natural methods will give you a sense of relief, unfortunately, not for long. For these methods to have a lasting effect, they must be carried out continuously and the snake problem will never arise again. Try all the methods and choose the one that suits you best.
Now you can see what can be done if snakes appear. Snakes inside the house? Try to physically remove them or hire a professional.
Have they occupied your site? Follow the steps above to make the habitat of these lovers of freshness and compost unbearable.